August 23, 2015
Journey with Us
Open Your Heart to God
Discover the Keys to the Kingdom
- Are you interested in exploring your spiritual life?
- Do you want to discover the abundance of God’s love and peace?
- Would you like to have greater motivation for service?
- Do you want to know more about the Catholic Faith?
- Did you ever think about becoming a Catholic?
- Are you a Baptized Catholic and have never made your First Communion and/or Confirmation?
- Are you baptized in another faith and have a desire to become Catholic?
- Have you never been baptized in any faith but wonder?
Journey with Us!
Through the process of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults or RCIA, we explore all these questions and discover the keys to the kingdom. RCIA is a restoration of the ancient practice of initiation into the Church. Through a process of discernment, spiritual development and ritualizing stages of conversion, you are guided to sacramental initiation. These Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist which are celebrated at the Easter Vigil open your hearts and empower you to lives of service, charity and justice as witnesses to our mission of OPUS CHRISTI, Christ’s work. RCIA is not a program but a sacramental process. RCIA reflects a sacramental attitude that is at the heart of all Christian living: CONVERSION, turning your heart to God.
We invite you to be our companion on the journey and discover the keys to the kingdom. We gather on Monday evenings from 7:00-8:30 pm in the Russo Room. If you would like more information about RCIA, please call Donna Scancarella at 973-779-6200.
ST. PHILIP’S PARISH PICNIC
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2015
JOIN US FOR FOOD, FUN, MUSIC & ACTIVITIES FOR ALL AGES!
- OUTDOOR BIG TOP TENT & INDOOR AC SEATING
- CASH KITCHEN, BEER, WINE, SODA & WATER
– COFFEE, TEA & COOKIES
– DJ AND DANCING
– YOUTH MINISTRY ACTIVITIES, GAMES, RELAYS, ETC.
– FIRE TRUCK
– SPECIAL SHOW: UNIQUE CREATURES (3:30 GYM)
- DONATION ACCEPTED:
- BOUNCY HOUSE SLIDE & CASTLE
- FACE PAINTING
- PUMPKIN DECORATING
THE MAIN PARKING LOT WILL CLOSE AFTER THE 8:00 AM MASS. SHUTTLE BUSES WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THE PAUL VI SCHOOL PARKING LOT, BEGINNING AT 9:30 AM & ENDING AT 4:30 PM.
Prayer for those suffering religious persecution
Good and gracious Father, whose own Beloved Son
suffered violence and death for the salvation of the world,
listen graciously to our cry for all who are being
persecuted for their faith.
In your great mercy, comfort them with the Holy Spirit.
Give them strength in the face of hostility and courage in the face of trial.
Open the eyes of those who raise their hands in violence to see others as their brothers and sisters, children of the one Father of all.
By your grace, turn their hearts from hatred to love.
Through the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Queen of Peace, may justice and peace prevail
so that all may have the freedom to worship you,
the one true God and him whom you have sent,
Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen
ST. PHILIP PREPARATORY SCHOOL
F/T Paraprofessional is needed for Early Childhood class at St. Philip’s Prep. Qualified candidates must have Early Childhood college credits and classroom experience. Please call 973-779-4700.
Religious Education Registration
This year there are several ways to register your child for Religious Education:
- You can go online at www.stphilip.org, complete the form and pay online.
- You can register in person, by appointment only, by calling 973-779-1439 after 4:30 PM Monday-Thursday and pay in cash or check.
- You can call the Religious Education office at the above number to request that the packet be mailed to you and return with payment.
To read complete bulletin click here