February 15, 2015
Companions on the Journey
Introduction To Our Parish Lenten Retreat
Throughout the season of Lent and culminating in our Easter celebration we offer a Parish Retreat titled, Companions on the Journey. You are invited to join us as we experience the Lord and love of each other more fully. The Retreat will unfold in the weekend homilies, liturgical music, bulletin reflections/stphilip.org, and workshop.
THE MARK OF ASHES – THE SIGN OF THE CROSS
As you are marked with ashes in the sign of the cross reflect on your relationship with your Companions on the Journey;
- the vertical line your relationship with God
- the horizontal line your relationship with others
What are the gifts and blessings in these relationships?
What are the challenges?
What thoughts words or deeds need forgiveness and God’s healing touch?
Season of Lent Opportunities
Renew your faith and your spiritual life for service to one another.
- Participating in weekly or even daily celebration of the Eucharist is the most perfect prayer and Lenten observance.
- Engage in the variety of opportunities for community and private prayer and reflection in our Parish Retreat Companions on the Journey.
- Welcome Home to Healing: Sacrament of Reconciliation; Monday 7 to 8:30 PM
Saturday 11 AM to 12 Noon in church
- Stations of the Cross Fridays 7:00 PM. Feb. 20: Processional Stations
- Lenten penance includes acts of self-denial as a tool for mindfulness of God’s bountiful gifts and presence and/or an increase in charitable acts and works of kindness.
- Days of Fast and Abstinence: Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of fast and abstinence when we refrain from eating meat and have one full meal and two lesser meals. All Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence.
Ash Wednesday Schedule
Masses with Eucharist and distribution of ashes:
7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM & 7:00 PM
3:30 PM Prayer Service with distribution of ashes
Last year’s Palms may be placed in the purple palm box in the Church vestibule.
Lenten Bible Study
Bible Study sessions will resume on the Monday AFTER Ash Wednesday, *February 23RD at 11 AM and 7 PM in the Molloy Center. * Please note change of date.
We will continue studying the gospel of St. Luke and the human side of Jesus, his teachings, miracles and being a true disciple. Please bring your Bible and all are welcome.
To read complete bulletin click here