May 29, 2016
THE MOST HOLY BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST
CALLED TO COMMUNITY
“The body does not consist of one member but many.
If the foot would say, ‘Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body’, that would not make it any less a part of the body.
If the ear would say, ‘Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body’, that would not make it any less a part of the body…
But as it is, God arranged the members of the body, each one of them, as he chose.
If all were a single member, where would the body be?
As it is, there are many members, yet one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, ‘I have no need for you’, nor again the head to the feet, ‘I have no need for you’.
On the contrary, the members of the body that seem to be the weaker are indispensable, and those members of the body that we consider less honourable we clothe with greatest honour …
God has so arranged the body, giving the greater honour to the inferior member, that there may be no dissension within the body, but the members may have the same care for one another.
If one member suffers, all suffer together with it;
if one member is honoured, all rejoice together with it.
Now, you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”
(1 Corinthians 12:14-26)
We are the Body of Christ. Each of us is given gifts.
What are your gifts?
Name five qualities that God has given you to share with others.
How are you using your gifts?
Who needs your time, talent or treasure?
God our Father, in your loving providence you have brought us into being to find joy in the communion with one another and to know you in our joy.
We give you praise and thanks for the communion we share as members of the Body of Christ your Son.
We give thanks for each member of the Body
particularly in our own parish community, for friend and stranger, for the lucky and the unlucky, for the ones on the fringes and for those near the centre.
Fill us, we pray, with the Spirit of your Son.
Give us confidence as you call us to build up the Body of Christ.
Help us to see in our everyday lives the moments and opportunities for caring and confirming and reconciling.
Bless us with the patience to overcome frustration and with hope as we journey together.
We ask this with confidence in the love you have shown us through Christ our Lord. Amen
Donal Harrington & Julie Kavanagh
UPCOMING PARISH EVENTS
ST PHILIP PLAYERS CABARETThursday, June 2 at 7 PM
Fri. & Sat., June 3 & 4 at 8 PM
|ROSARY TEA||Sunday, June 5 at 2 PM|
|SR. CHRISTINE’S EVENT||Saturday, June 11 at 5:30 PM|
|CARNIVAL||Thursday – Friday – Saturday
June 16 – 17 – 18
Sr. Christine to Retire from Staff Parish Ministry
After 36 years of faithful service Sr. Chris is retiring from Staff Parish Ministry. The good news is that Sister will continue to live in our community and will share her abundant gifts as a fellow parishioner. We will honor and celebrate Sr. Chris’ legacy of service: Saturday, June 11th at 5:30 PM Mass followed by a light meal and program in the auditorium. (See tear-off)
MINISTRIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- The Monday Night Group: June 13th & 27th at 6:30 PM.
- The New & Recently Bereaved Group: Wednesday, June 8th & 22nd at 7:00 PM.
Prime Timers Luncheon
- St. Philip’s Prime Timers end of season luncheon-Friday June 3 in the Molloy Center on St. Philip’s Drive at 1:00 PM. There will not be a regular business meeting
- Tickets are $15 for members & non-members and must be purchased by Tuesday, May 31st.
- Tickets can be acquired by sending your name and payment to St. Philip the Apostle, 797 Valley Rd., Clifton, N. J. 07013 Attn: Bea Lacava.
St. Philip’s Players
Present BACKWARDS BROADWAY. An evening of classic and contemporary Broadway music… with a twist: June 2nd at 7 PM; June 3rd & 4th at 8 PM
- Thursday and Friday: $25 Dessert Theater; Saturday: $35 Pasta Dinner
- Reserve tickets by calling 973-607-1924, prepay through the Molloy Center by calling 973-779-1439 or email us at StPhilipsPlayers@AOL.com. Tickets on sale after Mass this weekend.
ST. PHILIP’S 37TH ANNUAL CARNIVAL
|Thursday||June 16||6-10 PM|
|Friday||June 17||6-11 PM|
|Saturday||June 18||6:30-11 PM|
- VALLEY RIDES & AMUSEMENTS
- AN EXCELLENT NEW VENDOR!
- RIDES GAMES
- CRAFT FAIR
- CARNIVAL MEETING on Monday, June 6, 2016 7:00 PM in Marian Hall All are welcome!
- Worker Volunteer sign-up sheets are available in the vestibule of the Church or on our website. We want to thank all workers in the past and hope they can work again this year. New faces are always welcome.
- Sponsor flyers are available in the vestibule of the Church or on our website. Business Sponsorship – $50.00; Family Sponsorship – $30.00; Booth and ride sponsorship – $100.00.
- A CRAFT FAIR will be held in the gym during all Carnival hours. More Crafters welcome! Information and contracts available by calling the parish office at 973-779-6200 or click here for online booking.
- Discounted ride tickets and bracelets on sale now through June 13th.
- “All-Ride” Bracelet – $20 per night
- Sheets of 15 tickets -$12
- Purchase your discounted Carnival Ride tickets at the Molloy Center Office Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM or click here for online booking. Make your purchase now before the sale ends.
- Soda/Water Donations Name brand soda and bottled water for the Soda & Water booth can be left at the Molloy Parish Center. Hours are 9 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Confirmation Service Hours: Current grades 8, 9 & 10 Please contact Doreen Germain at home: 973-667-1982 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To read complete bulletin click here